Equipment, Facilities and Maintenance Technician
Westerwood Global is currently recruiting driven and motivated individuals to join our Equipment, Facilities and Maintenance team in the Leixlip area. (note this position may require occasional travel throughout Ireland, UK and EU)
Westerwood Global is a leading provider of service solutions and a trusted partner to high-tech manufacturing industries. Our Technical Staffing capabilities provide a true value add for all outsourced requirements
Westerwood Global are committed to developing a strong and positive culture based on our four core values- Safety, People, Quality & Customer. These beliefs, practices and behaviours are the operating system that powers our company. Our ethos is that focusing on our values that enjoys long term customer relationships. We hire individuals who best match and personify our core values and offer a significant platform to start or further enhance your career.
- This role will require travel throughout the UK, Ireland and European Union.
- In a controlled cleanroom environment, which will involve the wearing of a gown and relevant personal protective equipment
- A technical qualification (NFQ Level 6 or higher) or equivalent, plus a minimum of 2 years as an equipment maintenance technician performing scheduled PMs and repairs.
- Experience working with hazardous materials
- Ability to perform highly diversified duties to maintain production machines and equipment.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, power tools, electric meters in performing duties.
The principle duties and responsibilities will be:
- Scheduled preventative and un-scheduled corrective maintenance of Semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
- Work on electrical and mechanical sub-assemblies and systems.
- Accurate reporting of failure mechanisms of equipment and systems whilst following detailed work based instructions and procedures
- Attend oversea training (duration 6 - 8 weeks)
Suitable candidates are:
- Electrical and mechanically minded with experience in mechanical, electrical, chemical, pneumatic, and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair highly desirable.
- Manual dexterity ability.
- Demonstrated communication and organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to get on well in a team environment.
- Customer friendly, presentable and personable as a Company Representative
- 100% compliance with all safety and protocol specs and regulations.
- 100% adherence to maintenance specifications and best practices.
- Understanding of prioritisation and escalation procedures