Equipment and Facilities Engineering Technician
Westerwood Global is currently recruiting Equipment, Facilities and Maintenance Technician based on our clients site in the Plymouth area. This role will require travel throughout the UK and European Union.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years hands on maintenance experience in a Semiconductor manufacturing or similar high volume manufacturing environment. Fault finding and diagnosis principles are key with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
Westerwood Global is a leading provider of service solutions and a trusted partner to high-tech manufacturing industries. Our Technical Staffing capabilities provide a true value add for all outsourced requirements
Westerwood Global are committed to developing a strong and positive culture based on our four core values- Safety, People, Quality & Customer. These beliefs, practices and behaviours are the operating system that powers our company. Our ethos is that focusing on our values that enjoys long term customer relationships. We hire individuals who best match and personify our core values and offer a significant platform to start or further enhance your career.
YOU MUST BE WILLING TO:
- Travel throughout the UK and European Union.
- Scheduled preventative and un-scheduled corrective maintenance of Semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to work on electrical and mechanical sub-assemblies and systems.
- Accurate reporting of failure mechanisms of equipment and systems whilst following detailed work based instructions and procedures
- Working in a cleanroom environment and must be comfortable wearing PPE.
SUITABLE CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- A technical qualification (FHEQ 4 or higher) or equivalent, plus a minimum of 2 years as an equipment maintenance technician performing scheduled PMs and repairs.
- Experience working with hazardous materials
- Ability to perform highly diversified duties to maintain production machines and equipment.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, power tools, electric meters in performing duties.
- Experience in mechanical, electrical, chemical, pneumatic, and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair highly desirable.
- 100% compliance with all safety and protocol specs and regulations.
- 100% adherence to maintenance specifications and best practices.
- Understanding of prioritisation and escalation procedures
- All client tracking systems to be maintained accurately at all times.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical manuals and documents.
- Knowledge of root cause analysis methodology and continuous improvement programs highly desirable.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
- Electrical and mechanically minded.
- Manual dexterity ability.
- Demonstrated communication and organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to get on well in a team environment.
- Customer friendly, presentable and personable as a Company Representative.