Dry Etch Field Service Engineer – NY001
Westerwood Global is a leading provider of manufacturing and technical support services tailored exclusively for the semiconductor industry. At Westerwood Global, we work with our customers to provide a “Whole Fab Support Experience” across all tool types. We are a progressive, dynamic company who prides itself in offering industry leading project based, contract & permanent employment. Our service solutions and employee professional development are vital aspects of the Westerwood Global culture.
Westerwood Global is currently recruiting for driven individuals to join as an Equipment Engineer - TEL Dry Etch Systems.
- Complete installations and commissioning of semiconductor systems
- Advanced electronics equipment troubleshooting, installation, repair, and operation of Semiconductor manufacturing technology
- Maintain distributions systems, including repairs, preventive maintenance and communicating data regarding the condition of systems
- Respond to routine matters as well as severe and emergency conditions. Able to react calmly during all events to apply safe and lasting resolutions.Take "First Call" on all corrective maintenance activities.
- Complete upgrades and retrofits on time and on budget, maintain accurate service, spare parts and project progress reports, related logs and documentation, including providing redlines to technical documents
- Ability to take responsibility for safe working environment for yourself and others around you
- React to error messages of factory systems and/or equipment
- Review Statistical Process Control charts for process quality and react to out-of-control conditions, including defect troubleshooting
- Identify and address potential areas for improvement and optimize tool availability, cycle time, utilization, and cost
- Ability to be successful in a customer-facing role and react to changes in priority
- Candidate must have expertise on one or more of the following 300mm equipment/platform types; TEL Tactras (GRX, Vigus, RLSA, Telius)
- Experience in a controlled cleanroom environment, which involves the wearing of a gown and other necessary protective equipment
- 5+ years of preventative and corrective maintenance expertise on described platforms
- Suitable candidates are confident in a training atmosphere, able to work under their own direction or as part of a team, and must be able to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and written