Field Service Engineer – AMAT PVD – Fishkill
Westerwood Global is currently recruiting driven and motivated individuals to join our field Service Engineer - AMAT PVD team(s) in the Fishkill, NY area.
Westerwood Global is a leading provider of service solutions and a trusted partner to high-tech manufacturing industries. Our Technical Staffing capabilities provide a true value add for all outsourced requirements
Westerwood Global is committed to developing a strong and positive culture based on our four core values- Safety, People, Quality & Customer (insert a link to a website with core values outlined). These beliefs, practices, and behaviors are the operating systems that power our company. Our ethos is that focusing on our values that enjoys long term customer relationships. We hire individuals who best match and personify our core values and offer a significant platform to start or further enhance your career.
The successful candidate must be able to work: Compressed Shift Schedule
- Night Shift front end nights 12-hour shifts
- In a controlled cleanroom environment, which will involve the wearing of a gown and relevant personal protective equipment
- Candidates must have expertise on one or more of the following 300mm Equipment Types: (Applicants without expertise on this equipment will not be considered)
- 4+ years of Preventative & Corrective Maintenance expertise on described platforms
AMAT PVD - 300MM PVD Equipment
The principal duties and responsibilities will be:
- Advanced electronics, equipment troubleshooting, installation, repair, and operation of Semiconductor manufacturing technology
- Attention to detail is a key part of this role.
- Responsibility for the safe working environment of yourself and those around you
- Ability to understand customer’s quality requirement process and be responsible for customer satisfaction while working in a competitive team and adhering to customer build/test instructions.
- Monitor, control, and qualify the state of the art 300mm semiconductor equipment
- React to error messages of factory systems and/or equipment
- Review Statistical Process Control charts for process quality and react to Out of Control conditions including defect troubleshooting
- Identify and address potential areas for improvement and optimize tool availability, cycle time, utilization, and cost
- Ability to be successful in a customer-facing role, react to changes in equipment manufacturing priorities
Suitable candidates are:
- Must be confident in a training style atmosphere
- Must have the ability to work under their own direction or as part of a team
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and by written means and contribute to team-based forums and meetings
- Will be computer literate and able to use basic software packages and have the ability to learn client-specific tools
- Must be able to work in confined spaces, climb ladders, lift/carry a minimum of 50 lbs and be able to bend/kneel for extended periods of time, while wearing all appropriate PPE