Equipment and Facilities Engineering Technician – Plymouth
Westerwood Global is currently recruiting driven and motivated individuals to join our Equipment and Facilities Engineering team in the Plymouth area.
Westerwood Global is a leading provider of service solutions and a trusted partner to high-tech manufacturing industries. Our Technical Staffing capabilities provide a true value add for all outsourced requirements
Westerwood Global are committed to developing a strong and positive culture based on our four core values- Safety, People, Quality & Customer. These beliefs, practices and behaviours are the operating system that powers our company. Our ethos is that focusing on our values that enjoys long term customer relationships. We hire individuals who best match and personify our core values and offer a significant platform to start or further enhance your career.
The successful candidate must be able to work:
- In a controlled cleanroom environment, which will involve the wearing of a gown and relevant personal protective equipment
- Ability to work on electrical and mechanical sub-assemblies and systems.
- A technical qualification (FHEQ 4 or higher) or equivalent, plus a minimum of 2 years as an equipment maintenance technician performing scheduled PMs and repairs.
The principle duties and responsibilities will be:
- Scheduled preventative and un-scheduled corrective maintenance of Semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
- Work on electrical and mechanical sub-assemblies and systems.
- Accurate reporting of failure mechanisms of equipment and systems whilst following detailed work based instructions and procedures
- Attend oversea training and/or installations
Suitable candidates are:
- Experienced working with hazardous materials.
- Experience in mechanical, electrical, chemical, pneumatic, and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair highly desirable.
- 100% compliance with all safety and protocol specs and regulations.
- 100% adherence to maintenance specifications and best practices.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Customer friendly, presentable and personable as a Company Representative.