Service Technician – Level 3 OR001
Westerwood Global is currently recruiting driven and motivated individuals to join our team in Portland, OR.
Westerwood Global is a leading provider of service solutions and a trusted partner to high-tech manufacturing industries. Our Technical Staffing capabilities provide a true value add for all outsourced requirements
Westerwood Global is committed to developing a strong and positive culture based on our four core values- Safety, People, Quality & Customer. These beliefs, practices, and behaviors are the operating system that powers our company. Our ethos is that focusing on our values that enjoys long term customer relationships. We hire individuals who best match and personify our core values and offer a significant platform to start or further enhance your career.
Westerwood Global is currently recruiting experienced technicians to join our expanding client based team.
- Clean industrial pumps using cold dip parts, cleaner, hot dip parts cleaner, high pressure parts washer, bead blaster, and sand blaster
- Remove pumps from the frame and disassemble pump components minimizing any damage to components during disassembly per the prescribed timeframe
- Calibrate and test pump components
- Perform preventive maintenance on shop equipment
- Wire and test pumps in accordance with company standards
- Presentation of parts for assembly in a standardized format using boards, tables, and/or carts according to established procedures
- Ability to safely and productively operate material handling equipment, forklift, pallet jacks, and overhead cranes
- Read, interpret, and apply technical documents and troubleshoot at a modular level
- Use test equipment such as but not limited to, Multimeter, Infrared thermometer, and amp clamp.
- Use high level measurement devices to qualify parts
- Perform preventative maintenance on shop equipment within their defined process step
- Evaluate pump and create repair estimate
- Operate grinding machine to clean up parts
- Ability to safely and productively operate hand and power tools
- Work independently or as a team, as necessary, to fulfill department and Busch goals and objectives
- Assist with the implementing and maintaining 5S and Lean activities to improve flow and reduce waste as directed
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent: Required
- AS or AAS degree from a 2-year college or technical school: Preferred.
- At least 3 years of relative experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Previous electrical experience with single and three phase power distribution systems and controls and the ability to troubleshoot electromechanical systems
- Interpret technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form
- Understanding and ability to use micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, torque wrenches, depth gages, bore gages, vacuum gages, ampere meters, multimeters, and infrared temperature gages
Excellent Salary, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation and Select Holidays, Overtime Opportunities, On-site Facilities, Career Development Opportunities