Quality Assurance Manager – AZ001
Westerwood Global is a leading provider of managed service solutions, and a trusted partner within the semiconductor and high-tech manufacturing industries. As an organization, we are committed to developing a strong and positive culture based on our four core values: Quality, Safety, People, and Customer. We provide team members the opportunity to build on their skills through professional development and are devoted to promoting career advancement.
A bit about you
- You’ve had at least five years of Quality Assurance experience in a construction or trade environment.
- You’re familiar with electrical and mechanical processes.
- You’re able to read and interpret drawings, schematics and diagrams.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You’re technically savvy and proficient in MS Suite.
- You have experience in project and program management. Construction and/or electrical certifications are highly desirable.
A bit about the job
you will be responsible for overseeing a group of Quality Assurance Inspectors who will review electrical and mechanical projects for completion, accuracy, and compliance with local regulation, code, and guidelines to ensure an un-impeded approval process by city inspectors. Demonstrating a trustworthy presence through your professionalism, demeanor, and technical knowledge, you will interface with contractors, project managers, and stakeholders to provide insight and direction when projects do not meet requirements, providing direction to stakeholders for next steps. You will compile and review inspection data to determine common failure points and develop CIPs to present to the program manager to reduce occurrences. This will be a new position, and job descriptions and responsibilities may change as the role develops.
The below list is not exhaustive of all job responsibilities.
- Manage a team of quality and readiness inspectors.
- Actively participate in inspections and verifications.
- Using city certification documentation, ensure that all steps are completed and adhered to prior to city inspection.
- Work under limited supervision, using best judgement to execute next steps during inspection and quality assurance process.
- Utilize knowledge of trades groups to provide insight and direction when unable to certify an inspection.
- Analyze and track common failure points or process flow errors and develop CIPs to reduce the number of occurrences.
- Preparing detailed reports for construction progress and identifying installation deficiencies that are either not in compliance with the construction documents or with applicable codes.
- Facilitate communication between owners, suppliers, trades groups and project management.
- Review and establish KPI’s aligned to business goals, and work alongside other stakeholders and management to develop action plans and ensure that goals are being met.
- Knowledge of common construction code requirements.
- Familiarity with code certification requirements relating to both mechanical and electrical systems.
- Ability to interpret city code requirements, certification documentation, and schematics.
- Provide Support in reviewing all contractor-supplied QA/QC documentation for completeness.
What you can expect from us
- Competitive hourly rate, medical/dental/vision, and 401k plan.
- Paid time off and Holiday Pay.
- Reward and recognition programs, employee discounts, and company sponsored events.
- Opportunity to work on-site at a leading semiconductor facility while receiving on the job training.
- Positive working environment with an open-door policy and commitment to career advancement.
If this position sounds interesting to you, we’d be happy to talk. Send us a note or click to apply below. We appreciate your interest in working with us and look forward to hearing from you.