Operations Manager – Semiconductor OR001
Westerwood Global is currently recruiting for an Operations Manager. Reporting to the Head of Operations, the role will lead the operational delivery of our teams and guide its strategic development by facilitating an environment for the successful achievement of Company aims and objectives. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years applicable experience in a similar role in a Manufacturing / high volume Production Facility. Demonstrated experience on operational and performance management aspects of the business, with an in-depth knowledge successful Operational Delivery.
Westerwood Global are committed to developing a strong and positive culture based on our four core values- Safety, People, Quality & Customer. These beliefs, practices and behaviors are the operating system that powers our company. Our ethos is that focusing on our values that enjoys long term customer relationships. We hire individuals who best match and personify our core values and offer a significant platform to start or further enhance your career.
- Minimum of 2 years’ management experience in a similar role.
- Must be IT proficient with ability to write clear, coherent and professional e-mails/letters at all times whether to customers or company management.
- Ability to report out and analysis KPI’s through graphs and presentation formats.
- Customer friendly, presentable and personable as a Company Representative.
- Personal drive to grow and develop.
- Excellent personal skills that will create, develop and foster relationships at customer and with partners.
- Local candidates only, relocation is not available
The principle duties and responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for coordinating all site activity and support and act as a single point of contact for our customer. Responsible for contributing to any site management initiatives, including site safety and protocol and ensuring that the expertise and resources of the organization are available to support any agreed initiatives.
- Coordinate, participate and report on meetings between the business teams and customer.
- Set strategy and direction for the operational functions to ensure on going value is added across the business.
- Supervision, coordination and monitoring of Employees performance.
- Develop the operational team work practices in line with lean thinking methodologies, seeking out and sustaining improvements.
- Establishing, maintaining and auditing routines, schedules and procedures for all operational aspects of the facility, within a quality framework in accordance with company standards.
- Resolution of customer’s issues whilst communicating effectively internally and externally and driving continuous improvement by leading and active participation in system failure investigations and investigation reports, execution/development of change control.
- Provide expert support to Operations in all aspects of operational delivery.
- Maintaining, mentoring, coaching and developing the team of reliable and qualified personnel to carry out their duties.
- Manage own Health and Safety, and that of any staff/contractors working under their direction.
- Challenge existing company standards to ensure best in class.
- Plan and take action to protect Company & Customer assets, reputation and ensure business continuity.
Suitable candidates are:
- Strong management background at senior level with operational experience.
- Leadership, coaching and mentoring.
- Strategic thinking
- Decision making ability
- Customer focused
- Problem Solving Skills
- Demonstrated managerial experience
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills