Manufacturing Level 2 Technician – NY001
Westerwood Global is a leading provider of managed service solutions, and a trusted partner within the semiconductor and high-tech manufacturing industries. As an organization, we are committed to developing a strong and positive culture based on our four core values: Quality, Safety, People, and Customer. We provide team members the opportunity to build on their skills through professional development and are devoted to promoting career advancement.
A bit about you
- You have a minimum of 1-2 years hands on experience in automotive repair, HVAC or related mechanical fields.
- You are good with problem m solving. Be it tinkering with car maintenance or DIY home projects, you’re up for the challenge.
- You like working on-site and with a team. Being able to accomplish a task every day feels great.
- You have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- You are looking for a career, not just a job
A bit about the role
- Condensed Work Week Schedule - you work less days but still full-time hours. You would work 12 hour shifts, working a set schedule with either a 4 day or 3 day work week. Your 4 day work weeks have 8 hours of overtime every other pay period - that is about $200 extra in your paycheck.
- Shift: 6pm-6am
- You will perform daily maintenance tasks in a semiconductor cleanroom environment while wearing a cleanroom suit or other PPE.
- Your goal will be to adhere to strict facility standard operating procedures with a focus on safety, quality, and effective team communication.
- Your success will contribute to the facility’s overall throughput while simultaneously developing your own skills in a coveted and highly technical industry.
- Suitable candidates will have at least 1-2 years of experience in automotive repair, HVAC, or related mechanical fields.
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts.
- Must be able to wear a full cleanroom suit and/or necessary PPE
- Follow checklists and simple procedures.
- Adhere to safety and quality requirements.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods, and also be able to lift, reach, push, pull, kneel, bend, walk (of which can be repetitive).
- Must be self-motivated and have attention to detail and be a problem solver.
- Communicate effectively with team, supervisor, and support personnel to achieve production goals while maintaining commitments to the safety and quality of the workplace.
What you can expect from us
- Competitive hourly rate including a Shift Differential for overnight shifts, medical/dental/vision, and 401k plan.
- Paid time off, Holiday Pay.
- Reward and recognition programs, employee discounts, and company sponsored events.
- Opportunity to work on-site at a leading semiconductor facility while receiving on the job training.
- Positive working environment with an open-door policy and commitment to career advancement.
If this position sounds interesting to you, we’d be happy to talk. We appreciate your interest in working with us and look forward to hearing from you.