Field Service Technician TX001
Westerwood Global is currently recruiting driven and motivated individuals to join our team in Austin, TX.
Westerwood Global is a leading provider of service solutions and a trusted partner to high-tech manufacturing industries. Our Technical Staffing capabilities provide a true value add for all outsourced requirements
Westerwood Global is committed to developing a strong and positive culture based on our four core values- Safety, People, Quality & Customer. These beliefs, practices, and behaviors are the operating system that powers our company. Our ethos is that focusing on our values that enjoys long term customer relationships. We hire individuals who best match and personify our core values and offer a significant platform to start or further enhance your career.
Westerwood Global is currently recruiting experienced technicians to join our expanding client based team.
Under direct supervision, performs client-site servicing, repair and/or installation of company product(s). This job may include any aspect of product field support, including system hardware and software, and systems networking
- Services equipment and/or products at customer sites or service center to include, all contracted preventative maintenance, unscheduled maintenance, consumable changes, installations and start-ups
- Ability to interpret operation manuals to determine root cause of tool failures
- Provides documentation of preventative maintenance, down time, issues and time spent preparing reports for product movement and justification for on-site service. Must show proficiency with using customers system
- Perform preventive maintenance with little supervision
- Ordering, expedition and notifying customers or management when replacement of product is necessary
- Diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures using service maintenance checklist and protocols
- Comply with Finesse training for proper maintenance of parts usage and transactions
- Complies with the client’s safety policies, including participation in and completion of all required safety training
- Maintains clean and safe working environment compliant with client and customer safety policies
- The ability to lift 35 lbs. unassisted from the floor to waist level
- The ability to read and work from electrical and mechanical schematics and diagrams
- Operation of any machinery and/or equipment that is associated with performing the essential functions
- High School or AS Associate of Science degree in Electronics or completion of accredited basic electronics program or equivalent experience
- Preferred education: Four (4) to Six (6) years of work related experience, preferably in the semiconductor industry.
- Working knowledge of mechanical skills. Working knowledge of principles of semiconductor and/or vacuum technology.
- Strong Customer Relations skills
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot down to a component level
- Working knowledge of computer systems including software packages such as Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer
- Strong relationship building skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with internal colleagues and customer
- Demonstrated teamwork skills. Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
- Provide verification of good driving record if servicing customer offsite
Excellent Salary, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation and Select Holidays, Overtime Opportunities, On-site Facilities, Career Development Opportunities