Entry Level Manufacturing Technician – NY001
Westerwood Global is currently recruiting driven and motivated individuals to join our Manufacturing Technician team in the Malta, NY area.
Westerwood Global is a leading provider of service solutions and a trusted partner to manufacturing companies – www.westerwoodglobal.com.
- Work 12-hour shifts.
- Wear a full cleanroom suit and/or necessary PPE.
- Follow checklists and simple procedures.
- Adhere to safety and quality requirements, including proper LOTO techniques.
- Lift 10 lbs. frequently and up to 50 lbs. periodically.
- Stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Perform tasks (that may be repetitive) that require reaching, pushing, pulling, kneeling, walking, stooping and/or bending.
- Communicate effectively with team, supervisor, and support personnel to achieve production goals while maintaining commitments to the safety and quality of the workplace.
- COVID 19 vaccine is required for this position
The principle duties and responsibilities will be:
- Semiconductor FAB operations and/or manufacturing technician with a commitment to quality output.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A natural propensity for identifying and solving problems.
- Position requires a quick learner with a strong focus on details.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Outlook and have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
Suitable candidates have:
- Candidate must meet either experience or education requirement:
- 0-2 years work experience in a Semiconductor cleanroom
- OR 0- 2 years work experience in production and/or trade with a focus on utilizing computers/software
- OR AA degree in the related field, including computer software, semiconductor, etc.
- OR military experience w/ some post-high school education (degree not required). HS diploma or GED equivalent required for US candidates
- Able to work 12-hour shifts and lift 10 to 15 lbs., stand/walk for the duration of the shift
- Willing to work compressed workweek hours