Electrical Quality Assurance Inspector – AZ001
Electrical Quality Assurance Inspector
Westerwood Global is a leading provider of managed service solutions, and a trusted partner within the semiconductor and high-tech manufacturing industries. As an organization, we are committed to developing a strong and positive culture based on our four core values: Quality, Safety, People, and Customer. We provide team members the opportunity to build on their skills through professional development and are devoted to promoting career advancement.
A bit about you
- You have at least three years of relative experience OR comparable educational experience
- You’re familiar with Microsoft office products
- You’re able to read and interpret engineering drawings, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have an Associate degree or higher education.
- You have a Mechanical or Quality Assurance certification.
A bit about the job
As an Electrical Quality Assurance Inspector, you will be responsible for reviewing electrical projects for accurate completion and compliance with local regulation, code, and guidelines to ensure an un-impeded approval process by city inspectors. Using your knowledge of electrical wiring, understanding of UL 508A and 698A Standards, and ability to review and interpret engineering drawings, schematics, and specifications you will inspect and review projects, providing recommendations to contractors, project managers, and stakeholders when projects do not meet requirements. You will compile data, and present to your Quality Assurance Manager recommendations to reduce common failure points.
The below list is not exhaustive of all job responsibilities.
- Conduct inspections of electrical systems, control panels, and instrumentation to ensure compliance with local code, industry standards and regulations.
- Review and interpret engineering drawings, schematics, and specifications to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Document and report findings and make recommendations for corrective actions.
- Work collaboratively with project teams to ensure that quality standards are met throughout the project lifecycle.
- Analyze and track common failure points or process flow errors and work with Quality Assurance Manager to help develop CIPs to reduce number of occurrences.
- Review established KPI’s aligned to business goals, and work alongside other stakeholders and management to develop action plans and ensure that goals are being met.
- Knowledge of common construction code requirements.
- Familiarity with code certification requirements
- Ability to interpret city code requirements, certification documentation requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you can expect from us
- Competitive hourly rate, medical/dental/vision, and 401k plan.
- Paid time off and Holiday Pay.
- Reward and recognition programs, employee discounts, and company sponsored events.
- Opportunity to work on-site at a leading semiconductor facility while receiving on the job training.
- Positive working environment with an open-door policy and commitment to career advancement.
If this position sounds interesting to you, we’d be happy to talk. Send us a note or click to apply below. We appreciate your interest in working with us and look forward to hearing from you.