CVD/PVD Field Service Engineer – TX002
Westerwood Global is currently recruiting driven and motivated individuals to join our CVD/PVD team in the Austin, TX, United States area.
Westerwood Global is a leading provider of service solutions and a trusted partner to high-tech manufacturing industries. Our Technical Staffing capabilities provide a true value add for all outsourced requirements
Westerwood Global is committed to developing a strong and positive culture based on our four core values- Safety, People, Quality & Customer https://westerwoodglobal.com/ These beliefs, practices, and behaviors are the operating system that powers our company. Our ethos is that focusing on our values that enjoys long-term customer relationships. We hire individuals who best match and personify our core values and offer a significant platform to start or further enhance your career.
Position: Contracted at 6 months with the opportunity to renew or be directly hired, located in Austin Texas.
The successful candidate must be able to work: Compressed Shift Schedule
12-hour Day Shift
- In a controlled cleanroom environment, which will involve the wearing of a gown and relevant personal protective equipment
The principal duties and responsibilities will be:
- Advanced electronics, equipment troubleshooting, installation, repair, and operation of Semiconductor manufacturing technology
- Attention to detail is a key part of this role
- Responsibility for the safe working environment of yourself and those around you
- Ability to understand customer’s quality requirement process and be responsible for customer satisfaction while working in a competitive team and adhering to customer build/test instructions.
- Monitor, control, and qualify the state of the art 200mm semiconductor equipment
- React to error messages of factory systems and/or equipment
- Review Statistical Process Control charts for process quality and react to Out of Control conditions including defect troubleshooting
- Identify and address potential areas for improvement and optimize tool availability, cycle time, utilization, and cost
- Ability to be successful in a customer-facing role, react to changes in equipment manufacturing priorities
Suitable candidates are:
- Must be confident in a training style atmosphere
- Must have the ability to work under their own direction or as part of a team
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and by written means and contribute to team-based forums and meetings
- Will be computer literate and able to use basic software packages and have the ability to learn client-specific tools
- Must be able to work in confined spaces, climb ladders, lift/carry a minimum of 50 lbs and be able to bend/kneel for extended periods of time, while wearing all appropriate PPE